The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) pursues its international campaign to Set Free Journalists in Turkey.
Please find below the latest news on the matter: the last week has been eventful in Turkey with the clashes on May day, the many activities focusing on Turkey on the occasion of World Press Freedom Day on 3 May as well as the latest developments in the KCK and Ergenekon cases.
- 10 May 2013 – EFJ urges authorities to free journalists in Ergenekon court hearing, EFJ website
- 7 May 2013 – Police violence against journalists covering dispersal of protesters, Reuters
- 6 May 2013 – Picture gallery of Kite Flying for World Press Freedom Day in Turkey, EFJ website
- 3 May 2013 – BBC Turkey report for World Press Freedom Day, BBC
- 3 May 2013 – Report on World Press Freedom Day event about Turkey, Francis Sedgemore, NUJ
- 26 April 2013 – Zeynep Kuray and Sadık Topaloğlu released from jail pending trial, IFJ website (pdf) (APSC PR in Galician)
- 26 April 2013 – Press conference at AJP on KCK hearing, EFJ website (French here)
- 22 April 2013 – KCK press case observer reports from Istanbul (in German), Joachim Legatis, dju in ver.di website
- 22 April 2013 – Suspects deliver final defense testimonies in Ergenekon trial, Nuri Imre, Göksel Genc, Today’s Zaman
17-19 June in Istanbul: next hearing in the KCK press case
13 June in Istanbul: next hearing in OdaTV trial
6 June in Istanbul: Arzu Demnir trial at the KCK case
4 June: next hearing in the MLKP case
For more information and earlier postings, please follow this link <http://europe.ifj.org/en/pages/turkey-campaign-set-journalists-free> to the European Federation of Journalists’ Set Journalist Free in Turkey campaign.