The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) pursues its international campaign to Set Free Journalists in Turkey.
Please find below the latest news on the matter; note also that today the latest hearing in the KCK case in Istanbul takes place. EFJ is there observing the trial. You can find in-depth information following the link of 19 April. This Friday, a press conference at AJP in Brussels with observers who have been to Istanbul will report on the case.
· 19 April 2013 – KCK Press case: Set our colleagues free, says EFJ, EFJ website
· 18 April 2013 – European Parliament approves 2012 Turkey progress report, EP website
· 15 April 2013 – Tweeting Turkish pianist given sentence for blasphemy, Can Sezer/Ece Toksabay
· 8 April 2013 – Turkey peace talks positive; press freedom still in peril, Özgür Öğret
· 27 March 2013 – “Decriminalize dissent” – Amnesty International report
· 26 March 2013 – After 743 in prison still no freedom for Yalçin Küçük, EFJ website
2 May in London: World Press Freedom Day event – Campaigning for Press and Media Freedom in Turkey (See our Events page for more details
26 April in Brussels: Association des journalistes professionnels Press Conference on Turkey (11am, Rue de la Senne)
22-26 April in Istanbul : next hearings in KCK press case